Non-profit organizations are a special kind of company – they pursue non-material goals, yet have to be managed professionally in order to persevere in the market.
This presents particular challenges for the accounting units of such organizations: commercial balance sheet standards and regulations for use of funds under tax and donation law have to be reconciled.
Our services include:
- Ongoing consulting from foundation or transformation all the way to mergers or transfers of business shares
- Assessments (e.g. differentiation of special purpose enterprise from taxable commercial enterprise or for “Aktion Mensch”)
- Coaching and conducting workshops and seminars
- Auditing of interim reports, annual reports, and reports of expenditures, etc.
This exemplary but by no means exhaustive list of different statutory purposes should illustrate the broad range of our clients’ activities:
- Operation of facilities in child, youth, disabled persons, health, and senior care (for instance youth clubs, day nursing facilities, ...)
- Handling of socially oriented and labor market policy projects and sponsorship in the social sector, such as urban district conferences, integration of young immigrants, quarter management, jobless centers
- Conducting practical workplace re-integration measures
- Health and rehabilitation support for tumor patients and their families
- Setup and maintenance of a women’s shelter
- Out-patient, in-patient, and part-time in-patient support of women with psychological illnesses
- Operation of vocational schools
- ... and much more